also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Wednesday, July 17, 2019

where’s Waldo of my spirit 7/17/19


I don’t like the experience of the moment.
I’m always looking for 
‘where’s’ the Waldo of my spirit’ in it.
this is all a big puzzle 
in a blizzard of distraction 
with ambient camouflaged to boot.
where is the touchstone of my being 
for each moment that is happening?
I want to have those eyes for seeing 
and my spirit 
for guiding from my heart.
I feel like I am guzzling 
on a lukewarm of reality.
experience like this produces tired eyes,
too much circumstantial flat-screen overwhelm.
my occupancy is highlighted by boundaries.
this is of itself, a false personal perspective,
as if everyone is a criminal of their mind.
what does that say 
about the inner jury of self contention?
and further, if we all live 
with the weight of these hidden conclusions 
logged as personal memory and jury,
where does the newborn 
of the moment within 
come from with innocence 
and assertion without restraint?
and what forms the character 
of that child of self going forward?
and how does cynical not intrude 
when emotions in the moment run high?
it’s all too strangely inward, 
being human self-consciousness, that is.
not that the life road doesn’t appear long enough
and the illusion keeps that distance real.
yes, alive in the mind’s eye
and light above laboring.
remembering that familiarity is 
an elucidating slideshow, 
used by habit 
to show ourselves
how to go about 
with these props we have 
utilized for living.
I live for the Waldo of my spirit,
rising above and through 
living this maze of puzzle-dumb . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment