also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Friday, December 4, 2020

not asking for high contrast

 

I don't need still-shots of life 

to store as memories.

I don't need movies of obvious action 

to get a feel for life.

I'm not looking forward 

to the start and end of every chapter 

as if the story of my life.

I'm not going to watch sitcoms  

to live through the thrills 

or the emotions of others vicariously.

not looking forward to audience-fill 

or the seduction 

of any flatscreen distractions.

be either tube, phone, 

or storefront windows.

don't need to be in a car, 

sitting in a moving parking lots,

or getting from 'A' to 'B'.

all of this is sensory overrun 

in which avid is suppose to be

my intentional frame of mind.

give me cool stream water,

running down the backside of my body,

the whisper of wind through trees

over my head,

a clear dark night sky

with meteors of unsuspected passing,

the mist in my face 

from a waterfall near by,

a group hug that falls silent

and then emotionally embodied,

the taste of a perfect watermelon,

followed by a serious melon seed battle,

all nude at the beach line up, 

that runs into the ocean together,

any tactile overcoming verbal,

eyes that meet in visual exchange,

full circles sharing of a common intent,

a sleepover of dream-state minds,

the fifth day of an in-common with others, 

on a silent retreat,

a workforce with opportunities 

on a help-others project,

a commoning of minds present,

that doesn't need voiceovers 

to realize the communal intent,

where we all come together

but don't have to go through

the meeting up verbiage to start.

basically, not asking for high contrast,

just what has emotional import

that formally addresses the heart . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment