also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Thursday, December 17, 2020

don't forget to vote

 

I voted for the fishbowl 

once I saw the fish.

I voted for the baby 

once I saw the response to a kiss.

I voted for the principle

even though the words to say, fell short.

I voted for the collective feeling

as everybody else did the same.

I voted for right-versus-wrong

even though it was just presented 

in that way.

I voted for the sake of some grouping 

as a collective,

that I felt I was a party to 

in an us-versus-them sort of way.

I voted based on a mind-fill at the time,

but soon forgot what it was all about.

I voted for something I'm sure

is in high contrast to my daily life.

I voted to see myself as a member there of

but not sure what it meant in return.

I voted to represent myself to myself

as an intentional creature of means.

I voted as if profiling another human 

by this means

but I wholly don't have 

a sincere inkling or a clue.

I voted, as if a directive of approval

yet it's just a gate of passage 

not a clarity of means.

I voted and it was a point in time

and now, what the hell happened, 

questions me?

I voted as if a gate of clarity 

was what we all shared

but deeds and due after the fact 

were different.

I voted as if duped by the process

as if what a strange means 

of human regulation.

I voted for the last time

given what has come to pass.

the only vote I do now

is face to face in the mutuality 

of the moment,

the affirmative of presence, 

and the emergence of deeper truths 

between us . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment