also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Thursday, December 10, 2020

first summary of the day

 

a slate sky is asking me 

for reasoning about the day. 

I have summations. 

but they are as stale 

as thoughtless can produce. 

I am wandering in observation 

looking for a visual embrace. 

something off the billboard of sight 

that splashes me 

with sudden found impact. 

I don't want the day to be a stare-down 

in which neither of us,

the sky or me,

make the first move towards enhancement. 

I will even take birds in the sky 

spelling out incoherent words 

as a sign. 

yet passive static reigns 

as visual cues. 

maybe I am choosing the wrong sense 

to be the source of stimulation.

what? I should be happy 

with motors humming across the sky 

as a sensory sign 

of the impending beauty of the day?

I suppose a uplifting in-breath 

will have to do. 

I rest my case 

in the hammock of breath upliftment. 

early morning and I 

raise my eyes to toast 

the oncoming day. 

and sip lung levity 

as my initial reward . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment