also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Tuesday, January 3, 2023

thunder loves me


roughhewn, 

the way thunder hugs me,

from the inside out.

I was there for the silence building,

before the booming outcry.

and now I tremble 

in the sing along.

what I could come to say,

maybe says of itself. 

and I ride those sound waves from within,

as if deeply expressing me.

otherwise, 

caught between a cat purr and a growl,

between a drum-skin rub 

and the beaconing of a balloon burst,

between the creeks of a dam break 

and imminent presence of a tall tree falling.

or is it that loud hush of running water, 

rushing to be instantaneously gravity free

or the earth absorbing 

a tree trunk standing so unthinkable tall,

breaking down to its knees into dusty humility?

thunder, tell me, within incomplete lines,

as if mumble into murmur 

into the solemn be-damned,

by the pronouncement of a roar.

acoustics in baritone leathers are bustling 

between silences building into a rumble.

that just want to hug the say out of me, 

for myself.

thunder is so invitational.

I just need to chorus in 

for my own reasonings.

but I do appreciate the resound,

as if coaxing.

it's like permission from the ethers,

I can, for now, readily appropriate.

sky-bound, hear me roar . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment