also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Monday, January 23, 2023

idiot light of interest


I am not a lazy billboard

that just faces the sky 

and calls that living.

no, I am wanton for the passing wind,

to face me directly.

the cars that go by

are just gibberish wows on the muse to me.

the only interest I have in those cars,

is in the cluster patterns they make while passing,

that I define as a secret code,

that they don't even attempt to understand. 

instead, I try to lure birds to come closer,

to land on the top of my constant frown.

my loiter, their perch,

is simply my ever-thought provoked. 

I want mood enhancement from their touch.

otherwise, counting litter 

and vegetation growth are my lifelong hobbies.

I wear the makeup of an alien

as if greeting is my charm.

the beauticians come by so irregularly 

that they are as nameless as I.

but I have come to have sympathy pains

for the weather that passes.

I have almost learned all of the lyrics

of clouds passage songs,

as if it was intended as a singalong. 

I feel a sense of neighborhood

but mostly at night.

there is a settle down of composure.

the use of light is more articulate.

there is less speeding traffic 

by the numbers, to the sight.

no matter the season,

declarations are still made,

as pageantry is customary.

even if others passing through

have no need or interests.

I am the mindset of reminisce.

I have immense comparative skills in use.

I could do sketch right after sketch,

with only one minor element different.

just a slight movement of litter

or weeds bent in an altered direction,

color of passing car, slightly altered,

the sun to the horizon more advanced,

shadowing stolen from a different dance scene,

or the shape of the wind 

using land surface as lips to speak.

yes, just ever so slight a difference

and would anybody notice?

nope, but it would be meaningful to me.

I am a slight of hand

about the sight of land.

I am critical eye, ever bent on focus.

I am a tall story of vague perusal interest.

even if I get eye contact,

it's of an impersonal kind.

but I am inwardly happy for it.

it's part of my study of humans,

just to look into their eyes

and see if I can see into their soul.

I was told that that was possible,

even if it only happens 

but once in a year.

I feel blessed for that to be so.

for when it happens,

I don't feel so far removed

from human nature.

yet for them,

it's generally more obvious 

and yet amazingly more disguised,

even way more than I. 

as I am only attempting to be

just an idiot-light of human interest

as a thereby reminder . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment