also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Friday, January 14, 2022

the live-mike


I have an internal live-mike.

it picks up on things I'm saying,

so that I get to hear it first hand.

I am all ears.

can't believe what I hear

from what is said,

the candid remarks,

the keenness of observation,

the dialogue without rebuttal

and I am with them.

well, they are part of me.

I didn't realize I was that invested.

didn't know I was that observant either.

I am in other people's faces,

inside of myself. 

just saying,

there is a live-mike in here somewhere.

I need to identify who is speaking.

I know that I am a busload of characters

but I just accepted, 

that I was the so called driver,

getting everyone of them, 

from here to there.

but I am just the driver,

the transit man.

and they,

they're busy with everything,

their opinions,

these circumstances.

I hate it, 

when they argue amongst themselves.

sometimes I feel like

I just have to stop the bus

and get their personal attention.

it's nerve-wracking at times.

I don't need to be personally upset

and still driving them all around.

I expect a background of hearsay ongoing,

but nothing so much in my face

that I have to personally 

internally respond to,

to the point of self-distraction.

I don't need that kind of stress.

I'm just a here-to-there kind of guy.

but some parts of me

have it all held quite differently.

they are keen on issues and stances.

they would argue 

about the origin of breath and smiles,

statements overheard, 

that don't even directly apply to them.

they have agendas and philosophies.

me, I'm just driving,

getting me from here to there,

for whatever whatnot reasons.

this live mike action,

at times, it's interesting,

very interesting, 

almost like music and serenity ongoing.

but at other times,

I swear I'm glad I'm not in a court of law.

I wouldn't want to self testify.

they seem righteous, 

even beyond lawless.

they view a world 

I don't seem to see.

it gets to place,

where I just want to yell.

will you turn that damn mike off? . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment