also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Thursday, January 13, 2022

self-talk versus world-view


memories are all afterlife in response.

partials of moments of then,

crossdressing in the medium of now.

I can finger point at them occurring. 

they scamper by and drop hints.

they make each moment going forward

a mixed media event unfolding.

I wanted steadfast into this moment's now

but always get mixed scenes,

as if life through the window glass

and yet reflection off the glass 

from then also.

now seems to always be hinting,

as if referencing something unresolved. 

maybe the past is unfinished sentences

and hearsay like this is self-talk haunting

in a moment's cup of tea.

the first sip does not taste 

like the bottom's offering.

fade to black seems like 

a conclusion is coming,

but baffling like that never lasts for long.

I can be a somber mind in observance

but then mindfullness is tasky in that way

and humdrum has its own motor, 

that takes me somewhere else 

in a vague but momentous way. 

I get that this is chatty,

even if I have to pretend 

that you are following.

there is a hypnotic buoyancy 

for me with this.

even if I was saying all of this out loud,

and you were a real person in my world.

look, I can actually talk to myself like this

and also be an avid listener.

so much of self intimacy works for me

in just this simple say-so way.

maybe this is my way of claiming

that I am self-partnered, 

but originally thought of it 

as being mentally disturbed.

but don't feel that way anymore.

this is self-discovery,

while waiting in line to be my self.

so one of me interacts with the world outside

and the other me connects the dots,

inwardly and then lets me know about it.

what a difference a worldview is

from mine going forward . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment