also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Monday, April 12, 2021

the way I move myself


I use my senses to create emotional crutches,

tetherings to get moving along,

grips and clutches to lift and persuade,

uplifting carrots of sensory design,

get-tos or have-tos that lead me along.

the whole day fills 

with apparatus of that kind,

yearnings as pep-talks that call me,

zest to-dos in want-tos,

crayons of color 

that fill in the mental-blanks,

forwards to wear as emotions support me.

the mind is filled with stall-point potentials.

can't say there is a wall of whys, 

holding me back,

but emotional incentivizing is paramount 

to my doing

and my senses are all-hands-on-deck 

to the tasks at hand.

maybe there are those 

who mentally march on,

but I am not one of them.

I can admire and deeply appreciate

but I am also a stall-point in wonder.

I could never be caught 

wearing mental certitude.

if I take stands, 

it's because they are delicious.

if I proceed,

it's because I am drawn.

some cluster of appeal 

has emotional aromas.

all movement forward 

is a disguised form of embrace.

color between the lines

has been what lines? where?

and who keeps track of that?

I have to drink it in, to get it.

I have to monkey-pile in feelings 

to get movement.

the biggest working muscle in me

has feel as flex.

my movement is reading me the story of me

and that is emotionally animated 

and settling.

sure they are people who are straight away,

directed forward and doing.

but I need and use some other form 

of embellishment.

parts of me that run ahead and calls out

and I chase after

as an intimate form of hide and seek.

sight is cleverly applauding.

sound is ever calling

and movement is feeling the swim.

sure, I can give appearances 

that all is fine and efficiently appropriate,

but on the inside,

it is all grips and leverage,

earnest and effort,

pulleys and levers.

even though no one actually sees them.

competence, 

I can give you the look of competence.

but if you have expertise,

you can eventually feel the way 

that I move myself along . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment