also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Tuesday, April 13, 2021

lip-service over dignified


the erotics of incomplete thoughts

as if to question reality 

for its lip-service stance

it is hard to get to source

when rhetoric is all icing

for the cake itself

has undisclosed ingredients

no labeling has the wherewithal

to pronounce what reality is 

now viably, 

no chew-ably composed of 

the taste itself 

is beyond simple detection

it is somewhat about the direct ingredients

but also about the kitchen it is cooked in

the chefs and otherwise included as the staff

the basic eating establishment 

as a working concept

and the long lines of customers

to serve on its own behalf

so this was intended to be celebrative

not sure where gaiety fits in

the taste in the mouth overrides 

maybe it's a theme party gone mad

and mood-swings were ever expected

if this is 

an off-broadway post party celebration

I simply have forgotten 

the point of the show

I have audience-embarrassment syndrome

on my mind

I can't help but think

how did we get here

and who recommended

this is worse than a house of cards

or a funhouse of mirrors

what was I thinking

and from where what I was 

prompted to think

did it actually come from

is this a board-game made reality presented

and I have been hustled into 

a player status unknown, 

even to myself

the erotics have become histrionic

yet appearing to not be overplayed

I am now of token worth

bankrolled against my knowledge or will

a pawn without a handgrip in sight

just passive into nausea as a busy life

I need a real dream-state awakening

some eventfulness that hits home to core

some impact 

beyond devastation as metaphor

some essence of regroup to admit to source

these are special times

they call for the species itself to wake up

recess has become ridiculously repressive

I want play under an original lighting

lines of deliverance 

to be spoken in exchange

the wealth of being back in the format

where a wisdom is lived

and not lip-service spoken . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment