also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Sunday, January 31, 2021

the canopy of being

 

I long for the upper tree canopy

far from groundedness

clinging to the ever-swaying

viewing the sun reflecting off leaves below

as rippling in the breeze

showing waves and flutters

the up-here has a breathy intimacy to it

carefree but a constant wind-conversation 

is passing

the glimpses of far away are inviting

as if I am on a bobbing ship at sea

yet smothered in a closeness 

of friendly branches

there are canyons of leave-covered surfaces

giving dimensions 

and yet suggesting fluidity

all of the immediacy appears to be dancing

all of the soundings are loud whispers

not going for articulation into words

just breathy fleeting affection in passing

there is a feel of expansion 

coming to the senses

a vigor of towering elation

as restive and calming

I feel the never-landing wisdom 

of an albatross 

high above an open endless sea

where I take cues from the wind as dialogue

speaking through to me 

not as a listener 

but more as a philosopher 

purring over the presence 

of this as a conveyance

I feel heartfelt with steadfast wings

I am the confession of unending flight

that I'd give away my body to be

no, not a cloud in vapor carriage

but a free spirit

amongst these elements 

as my dearest friends

all humans have this place 

somewhere within themselves

take me there whenever we meet

I want to share in the canopy of our beings

I want your eyes as mine

and mine as of yours

where we have knowledge 

beyond the say-so of time and space

and we all mutually live 

into its aliveness . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment