also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Saturday, January 16, 2021

loneliness

 

time spent in loneliness, 

creates its own drowning pool, 

treading apprehensions, 

until fatigue registers itself.

the preoccupation with lonely 

is it own demise.

lonely in a crowd 

makes itself less evident,

but not less real in my eyes.

queuing on others 

is no substitute for my self-presence.

others as fulfilling in that light, 

are only a distraction of worth.

if I am just audience 

without self-residence intact, 

then I am my own gatekeeper. 

but where is my garden?

at least I can discern 

these attributes in others,

that I persist in claiming,

that I am missing but in need.

opposites-attract is a long way 

around the self-mountain.

like-attracts-like is just too direct 

of a self approach.

I would more easily dumb-down 

than radically face-up.

bonding out of need 

seems to be my calling,

but eventually it is very tacky 

and laborious with up-keep deeds.

my loneliness is an inward calling, 

but yet discreet listening under the blare.

is this self-love with acute hearing?

don't want to be deaf to myself.

loneliness is a soft knock 

on my self-acceptance door . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment