also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Friday, August 9, 2019

the dark side talks back 8/9/19


the dark side talks back 
to the deaf of me.
I feign listening 
as if a proper response.
I have moral code,
can’t hear what your are saying.
paradox is only all of its cuteness 
as amusing.
there is a landscape 
of all tall buildings around.
they all cast long shadows 
as the day passes.
I cling to my business 
and directness of thought.
the dry skin of the day 
wears on me.
I then shower with naiveté 
with simple hopes in mind.
the dark side chatter is substantive
and embellishing as the silence all around.
I can only wear child-like for so long.
yes, this peeves me with insistence.
like I don’t want to ever grow up!
but age overtakes my indulgence 
of smugness spread over living.
the dark side has one dimension 
more than I can image as worth.
but I invested in belief
from the forefather-authors of fear.
I have loved 
the way that fear taught me to.
now, all billboards have backsides
and images are just proposals.
why did I not look at the hands
of those holding the books
they read to my innocence?
how strange to be cast as childlike 
and continue to do the posing.
language is such a hypocrite
and I, an audience for the taking. 
no more of the front row,
no more the purchase 
for self-satisfaction’s sake.
for now, I have mingle, 
an opening for a mind
as if the dark side 
honors the same sun
but speaks about it 
in a different light . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment