also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Monday, August 5, 2019

for the yell of it 8/5/19


what is the yell 
from the primal source of me?
never thought the search to be worthy
for the yell 
beyond the self of confinement.
it’s not from the mouth 
as if forcefulness of cursing,
not from the throat 
as if chorusing a song,
not from the chest 
as if operatic was the audience demand
but more from the soul 
beyond this lifetime’s limitations.
a sound so thorough
that all cells joined in.
that my nerve endings blended 
into one voice 
singularly launched as if lofted.
a bellowing deep tone
hurled from beneath my feet,
off the top of my head
yet out of my mouth 
as if it was cooperative
beyond my means to know.
I was the steal in the sound of it,
never to have been so committed 
and realized it after the fact.
haunted and shuddered
when the sound of it 
came echoing back.
didn’t realize the canyon around
would pay me that compliment.
that mirror sound was stunning.
initially denied it was mine
yet I was still in the recoil and shiver
to realize the beyond from within
as if it was the orgasm of my being . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment