also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Tuesday, June 11, 2019

the thief of me 6/11/19


I am a thief of my own solitude.
can’t be there in the first person,
attempt to eavesdrop instead.
try to overhear what is being said,
not so much for the words
but clearly for the feeling
and its place of origin within me.
can’t leave it alone
but can’t easily stay.
am a foreigner to myself 
in some strange way.
there is a place within 
that knows me better
but won’t reveal in my everyday life.
wants the sight of inklings 
and blind passion out of me.
I don’t have cause,
so bound by indifferent reasoning.
I wish to call out from within
but not enough of me willing
to let it unknowingly out.
to risk a hurl I can’t source.
let go as if I am my keptness
and released from sensibility 
and composure ordained by others.
to say what is so, 
from far within me 
but can’t be heard, 
even by me
until I have said it.
compelled then 
to defend and account.
not free to be. 
if that is what is the call,
then still want a deeper truth within me
to set me in motion,
to speak through me
and let out that say 
as if to open the floodgates
to where heart-feel is without restraint,
where the shortcomings of logic
do not stop or stall me 
from letting it all come forth
gutsy, without hesitancy 
or a need for other’s approval.
to be a wellspring upon myself.
to share where the fire within
needs no tending or further council.
to be a channel of human connection
as a given with expediency and warmth.
and so, I am a thief of my own solitude,
a bandit, a burglar, a charmer,
and a cheat.
I moonlight to my own dreams.
I would plunder my rational mind.
I would embezzle precious moments
to plead for their full time release.
I would steal from my own feelings,
feelings left buried deep inside as if captive
and bleed them all over into my being
to give me the clarity and strength
to risk what comes through me as me
rather then pose and project and render.
but for now, 
I am the spirit as a thief of me.
and my solitude is 
only a disconnect from my soul.
for I have to feed who hungers within.
even if I steal in good conscience,
to become from the origin of me . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment