also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Wednesday, June 19, 2019

self-empathy 6/19/19


I am having a blizzard, 
rain-soaked emotional state 
in my brain.
a fury of tears, with no place to go.
gravity to the left and right 
but nothing grounding.
how can this be uplifting sorrow?
the door to open is in the sky.
but which ever way is up 
is trouble-tumbling to me.
yet a torment of roses, 
heavy with fragrance,
as if wings of angels are near by.
each moment is as an eyesore to face.
I have no continuum to align this all,
straight away.
some place within me has carriage.
but where I have mouth and voice
is beleaguered and in dismay.
how is this small of the universe 
so myopically large?
and I have a loose fit
for believing any of this.
not that reality ever offered me a firm grip.
I like that emotions are buoyant within me.
but some episodes seem lost 
as if to purpose or meaning.
since what has rational ever done
to clear the slate or end this drama?
I am my own child-like comforting. 
and it will come 
and I will reflect on all of this
as grand and masterful 
but beyond my scope to grasp 
when I was in it.
I appreciate the pallet 
even when I’m messed up with these colors.
I can’t name what this is
but maybe it is a cleanse 
or an endpoint to frustration.
but I would bestow this on everyone
as much as the joy of towering sneeze.
this all maybe square-one with a cleaning cloth.
it is certainly more than just a crying rag.
there is sacred in consternation 
and wealth in the undefined.
but back to simple steps after cloudbursts
and self-empathy to become refined . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment