also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Wednesday, June 12, 2019

hostage of the groupthink 6/12/19


the groupthink of the common mind
I am a consignment to living it.
is there thought without predicated influence?
can’t understanding be of its own accord?
why is listening so referential?
I said what I said. 
you heard what you heard
yet what it means to you is so separate 
from what it means to me.
that we claim agreement is a hoax 
of our shared attention span.
even shared is in question.
all of composition plunders as a gloss.
timely polite in a give and take fashion 
but otherwise stimulus and response 
and the content defends for themselves.
I didn’t want language to be a flotation device 
to keep meaning alive.
maybe all of thought pronounced 
is murmurings above soul.
and soul is not reducible to mind-speak.
therefore happenstance is its own innocence.
and notice is a form of collateral damage 
that lives on as if it is reality based.
observation is so after-the-fact distant
that facts are only down-wind kites 
put in the sky of reverie.
I hold up a brush, 
full of emotional paint 
and let this canvass of now 
edge-wise maul me.
I call every painting by the same name
‘my projection’.
art only had one breath of life 
and it was used in the stroke of contact 
it accounted for.
now is the hereafter,  
milling of stills as cognitive-assemblage
held up as a mirror to be audience-viewed.
I wanted to be at causative 
and not be straddled 
with the posing of my impotent results.
every thing spoken 
still has the absentia of cursing in it.
language is working me
as a hostage to a retentive mind . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment