also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Friday, November 2, 2018

to live in simple-city 11/2/18


for me, psychological states are often emphatic 
but, generally spoken inwardly in monotones.
it’s invariably hard on the intake, 
the greet, that first view of another person
yet it is easy to go for the sensory gimmicks, 
some prominent locational feature on them
or that first sense of visual draw that will do.
organizing conversation towards dialogue
eventually leads to one thing
a launched out of the mouth
by one of us.
for some people 
it’s just a livestock of words in passing.
some stand there with an invisible accordion,
singing their moods.
I prefer the silent charcoal viewing of another
for the curvatures and the foremost of accents,
a sense of scale, flooding over me.
it is only then
that I pickup on the cosmetics and the coloration.
for I would want their say
to match their presentation,
for it to be the mood swing
that I would want to ride.
but often it is billboards presenting
and I have to slow down for the read of it.
friends are often as comfortable as chairs 
by their presence,
a fireplace with a warm burning from their heart,
as tall trees that look fondly down on me
to watch over my inner childness of being.
I want for cloud reflected faces
in the stillness of lake-waters presenting,
face to face.
the sinuousness of trees 
as these people are babbling 
in a monosyllabic language of breeze.
and for the sun of another
to breathe on me with its directness of sound,
so I can to melt into comfortable shared stanzas.
I want next thoughts of them
as if like greeting old friends,
in the overwhelm of the hum of the day, 
with them blooming
between my own thought interjections.
I want for us rafting on a river of joy,
sleeping with bunkmates as stars,
and feelings for the endless rain
touching everything about us compassionately.
I have no need for the serrated cuts 
of frame-break distractions, 
as if days from nights
or the calendar’s account
as an estimate of my current waistline and aging.
I want the taste of sweets from others
that I would have never thought to make
and to eventually live in a land
that has a shared language 
that exists without nouns.
for pain to be my listening time
and for wisdom 
to be molecularly at work within me.
so much so,
that people often come by
just for the soothe
and bare no questions . . .





No comments:

Post a Comment