also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Sunday, November 11, 2018

be, then do 11/11/18


I wear awareness-moccasins to walk gently
on these inner fields of thought.
I see into seeming emptiness with soft eyes.
I listen up for self-conversations 
from these muted inner quarries. 
I have renderings made of pensivity,
woven from flexible conclusions
and wicker baskets in mind-stacks
full of topicals and pejoratives.
there are landscapes all around
to wonder about and wander through, 
made of other people’s presence.
some is territorial,
some forbidden,
others freely accessible.
each next moment is simply addressed.
at least consciousness makes that claim.
I haven’t found that to be true.
memories, as storyables, slows me down, 
apprehension in response, 
alters my pace.
I feel like I have inherited
a compromising whirl of distractions.
my senses over-cued to reality-react
when what I meant to do ,
embraces the moment without declaration,
or feel for the ambient confluence
as if the surround is the all of graciousness.
I would have liked to think
that I was native to this task
but in all my sense of human heritage,
I am the pretend
until it is so authentically real.
there is a light bridge to get there.
it is not for sighting any beyond.
it is for inward passage
through all of the obvious
that overwhelm has to offer.
they co-exist for me in this life time.
futures and pasts may offer 
to banquet quite differently.
but I can only praise this moment
with the deepest effort of my presence
as if my soul handed me a purpose
without any sense for the particulars.
just to wholly be 
and then, 
follow through with do . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment