also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Wednesday, March 8, 2023

why you be that way?


as if I lay venting in my bed,

covered with all my patch-quilt successes,

making myself into a home-body

rather than show some self-diligence

and sourcing what my muted venting has to offer.

I guess I am settled, 

grounded in negative emotions.

this shows me, my self-indulgence

has certain insular but profound aspects to it.

I could be an all-over hairy being

and others would abide and minimize visual contact.

it's like low self-esteem 

as a constant skin rash beneath my clothes.

well, that is what it indirectly feels like.

shit, everyone has their own private mountain of hell,

why should I not live on top of mine?

don't even think about asking me?

all my words are not capitalized 

but they are blunt, at least tonally blunt to hear.

sure, maybe I am a wondrous castle 

on a dubious mountain,

but I now have a forest of intermittency growing.

no clear paths of entry or exit for either of us.

I was born, my own junkyard dog.

I can think it's dark night 

and start barking inside me.

yes, maybe I am an internal control freak,

but I have plenty of irrational reasons for that.

none of which I am ever going to tell you.

I have self-admiration, 

so get off my front lawn, as if secretly staring.

the only way we can get along 

is on amped-up motorcycles of intention in passing.

I can relate to a wide variety of hums but not blab.

hire me to dig grave sites

and oddly, that brings a smile to my heart.

how could you intentionally understand that?

have we met in other lifetimes?

if so, shut the fuck up and keep being.

it helps, 

more than I can ever tell you, 

straight out . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment