also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Tuesday, March 7, 2023

dinner of lies


what is understanding's relationship with lies?

for every lie is also as a learning perception,

as if a lead-dog's skills to a deeper truth.

a dimensional depth to knowing becomes evident.

slowly, all thoughts come to have a ground-figure context.

wisdom is acquired as a skill-set.

even truth, in its half-life,

is slowly becoming an in-time lie.

for temporality has its momentary innocence,

even if its backdrop is otherwise revealing.

we all foster frames of reference 

as if they were truth revealing.

not sure what taken at face value means any more.

always delving, 

as if understanding has to explain it to me.

it's like playing an intense game of tag

in which everything I understand

makes me it again.

I'm it in so many games.

I just want to tag someone 

with everything I know!

in the beginning, I got giddy.

it was exciting to find the truth.

then it became ongoing and effortful.

sometimes I thought I was it

and later discovered I was not.

now the game is everywhere 

my understanding wants to go.

even though comprehension wants to play,

most playgrounds are filled with chicanery and deceit.

even honesty is only a piece of the pie

and never any more the whole meal.

maybe understanding is just a hunger

and lies are just tastes to the palate .

nutrition seems to be 

more than I wanted to know.

for tasting what I like

does not make me smarter.

it just makes me feel more right,

for feasting in a dinner of lies . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment