also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Monday, November 22, 2021

when I last cried


when I last cried,

I am sure there was an onset,

a stampede of emotional onrush,

swept up in the fleeting of meaningful.

memory surely the culprit.

well, memory not as a flashback

but functioning more as a trapdoor. 

the swoop is soft, sudden and swift.

no comprehension leading the way,

just cliff edge out of nowhere,  

and sight beyond cognitive reach.

the freefall happening without any leap.

the rains came.

I identify with the release,

as if I knew then

that I don't know at all.

some great consternation of embrace

overwhelms me,

as the last, every-time I cry.

it could start with a particular,

a setting in which I sense myself within.

but soon after, it becomes

this cleanse, this awash, 

this envelopment of cosmic embrace.

I am clean-slate soon after.

almost forgotten whatever the cause.

so much unsaid 

in emotional landscape's deliverance.

not in relief,

but more so in lighten soothing delight.

when I last cried,

is flight ever available

and sky within my next breath's reach.

I am a full horizon 

of emotional environmental speak . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment