also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Thursday, May 27, 2021

no retort for that


I don't have a retort for that,

but I do have an ongoing.

a flash-flood celebrates in its ongoingness.

tornados do rise up from deliverance 

and continue on.

sun never has a 'say what' time of day.

whatever had a moment of attention,

now has a short lived prominence 

in the past.

I have memories of passings,

when I drove the fastest in a car, ever,

but only now remembers 

the impression on me that it made.

when I sneezed in the middle of a yawn

but only remember the feeling 

of that physical oddity.

when I hurt so bad, 

I thought I left my body,

only to return to a circumstance 

and a coping.

when I surprisingly found some hard cash,

not sure now of the amount,

but do remember the seriousness 

of the moral dilemma. 

when all those times I thought 

age was important,

to finally come to that day, 

when age was such a bogus thing 

to be concerned about.

when I thought that thought didn't matter,

but then the thought came to me

that was more than just belief 

inwardly recited,

and I was stunned 

to have its emotional presence.

and then when I think about dying

and looking back at it all,

only to realize, 

I will probably be looking forward

and surprise myself, 

that I didn't think of this sooner . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment