also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Friday, May 28, 2021

knowing of a wider gaze


how does knowing help at all?

how circuitous is understand's pall?

understanding has taken on 

a capacity of impotence.

we understand to know where not to be

and what not to do.

what we need to know

to avoid the drone of fitful existence,

the endless series of have-tos or need-tos,

even if knowing was only a wardrobe 

to wear in each passing moment appropriately.

I'd rather be nude 

every breathtaking possibility.

I'm not saying innocence reigns.

I am saying that know is burdensome.

if I only have knowledge 

for protection purposes,

the vanity of that is grounds for capitalism

to breed within me

and me not the impetus wiser.

I wanted know 

for the anatomy of discovery.

I wanted know as innocence invitational.

I wanted know as an introduction to vast,

to implore the gods of mystery 

to adventure me,

to expand within the tool-work 

of comprehension.

but knowing is flagrant as without shame.

knowing is vile as in virulent silent despise.

knowing is so pedestrian, 

to the point of everyday-dull.

it makes wisdom seem overdressed.

how can thought itself be so passé? 

knowing has lost its sacredness of approach.

it's like a tagalong that won't shut up.

one could want for mindfulness

to be a secret room,

where knowing can't find the entry.

we did invent shoes without laces.

maybe we can come up with awareness

without knowing.

a kind of presence, 

based on inward state of being,

impervious 

to the outward onslaught invasion.

or a knowing where presence of being

is undisturbed by the import forthcoming,

a knowing of a wider gaze

than the on rush of experience 

can affect . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment