also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Sunday, March 7, 2021

the 3 faces of summary

 

the half-lives of good, better and best,

first off, who do they work for within you?

are they ever non-summational?

if they are really happening

then who in you is noticing?

are they on a narrative grading system?

and what is the lifespan of any one of them

given that is it an experience account 

in review?

assuming events of this nature 

are accumulated gold star-like 

on the mind-card,

what is an acceptable timeframe 

for relevance?

good could have a lifespan in review

while better is more like a comparative

of newer to older

and best has generally short-term residence.

best, when it's happening,

is it from the outside in?

of course none of these mix well 

with the others.

as a perspective, all three could happen 

in a day.

let's say we rule out, 

nostalgia, phenomenology, 

and compared-to-what.

and we get down to the bare bones of it, 

you or me.

good, better and best are all 

self-audience terms.

it then becomes easy to fall 

into the story of self.

so does feeling ever settle 

for this kind of account?

maybe in the sick to recovery mode,

but not on an self-appraisal basis 

for just being.

if I say I'm feeling good

then I am on a train ride of myself 

in response to the results of the travel of me.

No, I say I am feeling better

then I am not current but comparing.

but if I say I am feeling the best

then maybe my elation 

outweighs my circumstance.

the half-lives are generally off the event cliff.

I needed all the props imposing 

to help defend

as if feelings need a mind wingman to cover.

good, better, best really have no life 

as emotional flotilla of proven usage.

emotions are moving too fast 

for stances or posings.

good, better, best, even as school grades, were suspect.

let's just let the half-life of any of these three

be the byproduct 

of one's own attention span.

so that 'how's it going' 

and 'how are you feeling'

are spoken from totally different places from within.

one place gives a guided tour

while the other 

is looking to dance . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment