also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Wednesday, February 24, 2021

watching my sight


I watch what my sight beholds,

generally working strictly for identification's purposes.

somewhat lazy in the repetitiousness 

of these tasks.

familiar's demands are 

sort of bossy about that,

as if habit has 

the most deliberate directive delivered

in a kind of unsaidness ongoing.

I know there is comfort received 

from this mundanity obliging

but when I give my eyes 

curious looking to do,

the eye-work is so much more active.

it is still in the notice mode

but does not settle 

with feeding recognition its due.

looking, normally, can be so passé,

required but ever so assumed

as to the task at hand.

it's so different 

when looking through a microscope 

or binoculars or a telescope.

my eyes are being asked to freshly perceive.

they are task-excited in a thorough way.

but just to look out at the world 

in a normal vain,

in which case

something has to be out of place 

to really be seen.

so I watch what my eyes do, 

sort of from behind-within 

and above-behind.

I get what they are looking at

but I am curious about 

how they go about that task itself.

so once in while,

I will interject that what they are seeing 

in only a mere camouflage of surface,

and then for what,

to have them look more thoroughly?

they actually are hungry for it,

report more myopically, 

put multiple sightings together,

are less of an audience

and more of a studied detective by intent.

I am not asking for reading the fine print,

just see the world with a different sight

on their own. 

they may focus on something

that leads me to wonder

as if the burden is now on me 

to process their sensing 

for what sight is offering.

I, for myself, love that process.

it's like having a hunting dog

sniff out the unseen or unknown,

right before my eyes.

but in this case, it is my eyes 

doing that task with fervor and intent.

I have appreciation for that

and for the way we can work that together.

watching my sight see is more interactive

than I ever presumed it to be.

it is a cross conversation 

all about an inner dialogue 

but not necessarily done in talk ways.

this style of witnessing has provided

in deeply insightful ways

and I am ever so going forward 

appreciative . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment