also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Friday, February 5, 2021

from the mouth of violence

 

I asked for the mouth of violence 

to speak its truth,

but it had no words.

it comes from a language of gutturals.

it has heave as opposed to pronounce.

it has thrust as a use of breath

as volume races ahead of what is meant.

loud is a start up sound

where-is expresses a claim of rights,

to speak outright 

rather than be spoken down to.

as exasperation eventually yields 

to a close of the mouth in recovery.

yet launch starts the next utterance

as if very close-by is perceived 

as far far away, 

if meaning is actually conveyed in that way.

emphasis is earnestness is intent.

to say outright

from where stir has been brutalized

for the yield of these seconds 

is to harvest instances

of the backlash to the conduct of abuse. 

and reaction to brutality 

previously administered

is not to give an account

but to revive from those moments 

as if of now,

an agony and anguish 

without time restraints,

a seething that continues to boil,

that has emotion not confinable 

to forming words.

to come roaring forth

from where sound is composed 

of it own tonal meanings,

where listen can not be solely 

of audience-intake,

where feel is all ears 

that do more than just hear,

where the spine listens up

and ache has a sense of touch in it.

so can you hear what I am saying?

for I have canyons of violent memories.

and if you are standing close enough,

I have vivid and lucid as spittle 

coming out of my launch at speech.

I am crying out of my mouth 

before it up gets to my eyes.

my hands tremble the braille 

of past violence. 

just hold my hands 

as time transports the truth to tell.

my body is all mouth speaking.

please, for your feeling to be all ears.

lift me up with your apprehend

to drown out the echo of this pain.

the acoustics of your embrace 

deadens this aftermath.

hearing me helps to heal,

as a choir of empathy 

begins the mending process from within.

listen then becomes more than just heard, 

for my say has field presence

and your listen 

then has heartfelt embrace . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment