also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Monday, February 15, 2021

therapist of sight


I have a need for a therapist of sight,

a place to rest seeing 

that isn't a stare, 

or sight for sore eyes,

or a query in progress, 

or a demanding need for literacy.

something of visual fascination

but without the mind intervention

calling out directives to my eye usage.

something where the eyes take a restive,

they widen in relax,

they pleasure in fulfillment,

but without the need 

to provide for the mind.

something that does not venture 

into tedium,

a restive fixation of sorts.

sometimes deep blue sky can do it 

or chasing eddies 

in a simple stream provides.

but now I have need.

I would love it, in a face to face,

but that seems impossible.

there is the onrush of presumptions, 

I don't have a personal context 

to permit that.

it could be a dog.

yes, it could be a dog,

before their story becomes evident to me.

or I discover a clamor to covet 

beyond the moment.

it could be a scaled down intimate,

like watching ants collectively at work

and just appreciating their well to do 

as background.

okay, closing my eyes is not the same,

that's just relief 

and not the ideal of pleasure.

I have used the space-stare,

where I am looking out 

but at nothing in particular.

eventually the mind gets too loud 

and destroys the moment 

with false urgency.

no, I have a need for a therapists of sight.

maybe it is streaming tears out of me

that brings on the satisfaction,

or beaming outright from a place within,

using my eyes as the medium 

and the means.

hard to make that just happen,

but so appreciative when it does.

need a dose of that incoming or outgoing,

whichever, sight requested, 

then sight relieved . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment