also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Sunday, May 3, 2020

make belief do the work 5/3/20

there are times I make believe do the work.
like I have a handle on a forest 
as a bush to comb the sky,
to get rid of cloud dander.
I make belief so strong
that the clouds come to the comb
and the dander turns into a soft mist
and everyone is thankful,
but don't comprehend the effort made.
once in a while,
I stand on a bridge at night time
and make the traffic below into red and white rosaries,
four lanes of faceted beads strung together each way,
with red going one direction 
while white goes the other.
it is prayer-like.
this movement is all devotion.
I believe that the common mind, when shared, 
is its own prayer.
have you ever really watched a crow caw?
to me, it looks like a bark.
they hurl sound into a nagging.
it has the timber of being boastful,
the way their tail-feathers bob, 
as if in earnest is pushing the sound out of them.
I believe their language is all emphatic.
they haven't a clue about purr or squeal. 
sometimes I make believe gift me with surprises,
like things I thought about days ago
that then show up as currently true.
the other day I had a passing thought in earnest
about someone in my memories bind.
someone I haven't seen or heard from in years.
and then without much effort,
a message suddenly arrives. 
I didn't think I was asking for that to happen
but belief sometimes works that way.
it seems absurd,
but what else was belief supposed to do? . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment