also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Monday, April 13, 2020

the death of commentary 4/13/20

I would like to describe
by behaviors I've seen in the past
I sense the words coming out
but heaving less weight once spoken
then they were when I thought them
I feel like bus fumes 
after the bus of verbiage has passed
there are mosquitos of distain in the room
I want for the sense of open air again
I tried to think of quite different in the next moment
a form of escape without actual movement involved
how does calm look on me now?
based upon internal chemicals
I'd say I'm in transition
even if I give off a sooth for appearance sake
I don't like to be an observing person
creating observations to comment on
finds me eventually
in a dastardly state internally
appraisal of others is too self revealing
it is the curse of mirror-time
subtly confessed to others
who are smart enough to decode 
what I have just said
they are the worst in their silence for then
for me, commentary is all curse words spoken
I am a restoration work in progress
but my tools of commentary
reveal my lack of self in discovery
I am the weathering of a billboard existence
my only hope is the birds will come
and nest on my backside
and I, in my quiet innocence 
will learn more deeply about myself
for silence like that
can be so loud 
as to get through to me
so as I can grow up 
and miraculously have wings . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment