also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Sunday, January 19, 2020

liquidity is deity 1/19/20


so I have come to identify myself 
as if I am stream-bed land adjacent.
I am ownership of self that way.
I am land amongst lots of other land, 
hillsides and landscape plots all around.
for everywhere I look,
it's people as owning their land.
it's a gross way of looking at it all,
in that physicality identifies me
and I sort of go along with that program.
it keeps my mind preoccupied
and my dailies fill appropriately so.
but quite secretly,
with no apparent support or shared knowledge,
I deeply identify with the stream 
that travels through this land of myself.
that water-flow is me.
I know it does not appear to have the staying power 
that lands represents.
but there is a constancy to me, 
but not like land.
sure, with land I have seasons
and tending activities come and go.
but this flow has wonder
and a free spirit of movement to it.
there are highs and lows
and stories for both,
but mostly I connect 
with the energy of the liquid movement.
maybe even the viscosity itself speaks for me.
I seriously think of this water as lifetimes
in the making and the passing.
maybe some of this, as water,
has passed here more than once before.
everything about the water is appealing.
sure land has its constancy,
for a lifetime of living upon
but the water has mystery 
and an energy to its movement 
that speaks to my soul.
definitely I pretend the ownership of land and caretake
but the water is my vibrational source.
much needed
as my spirit goes out with it in its passing.
I am expanded with every dip, sip and gaze.
all of my emotional comprehension 
aligns with water, 
yet not so much with land.
land is such a sedentary mindset of existence.
maybe it is from mountain to the sea, 
truly in its migration.
but we, land and I, 
don't talk to each other that way.
land is stoic and tolerant,
passive to the point of obedient,
while water will have none of that,
even by containment,
for there are always evaporative means.
my emotional existence is more in that vain.
water is so much more the collective of us,
the common mind empathetic in passing,
the emotional swelling into downpours, 
and as if gravity giving praise.
my spirit moves like that.
I am drops among many.
there is always movement,
even by undertow.
I am stream to embrace the river-ness
and the destiny of river to the sea,
as if all sea succumbs 
to the ocean of a oneness.
only there, to dwell into the transcendence, 
the evaporative, the spirit of oneness divine,
to the rebirth in sky-bound wonder
yet forthcoming into deliverance 
and there upon a journey anew 
but of the oneness as diversity expressed.
I am of that longing.
it so calls me in deeper ways,
more than land could ever.
my bones are truly made of liquified soul.
surely I wear the rational boots of mind
as I walk the land.
but I am of emotional wings
that long for the evaporative means, 
to leave mass behind.
only to return, 
but less of its solidness 
and more its mysterious blessed fluidity.
I would gladly give up mindfulness
for this fluid facility of being.
my thirst is a prayer.
land-ownership of my being has no appeal
except to honor those who have that as their crave.
if I have to substantiate my existence,
I am ever in motion.
I have tears of speech.
my blood flow is concessionary.
I am an ocean of soul,
traveling to you and through you,
in many disguises,
most likely as the presence of we . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment