also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Friday, October 19, 2018

boredom as my guide 10/19/18


boredom is my looking glass.
it is a mirror for introspection’s view.
I ask boredom in
for some words exchanged,
maybe for an opinion 
or a quick conclusion or two.
not for the laboring, as a drone existence,
just for a spoon-full of a taste remark 
about the ongoing soup, pool, slop of the day.
of course, languid, as a first response, can be
but not as a lament,
more as a sarcastic venting 
with mocking reverence.
yes, that is what I want, 
in a full view.
I want to see
who of me is doing being bored
and who of me for whom
using topic is as the dialogue-lure, 
but seriously looking to swim the tone
back to source,
to where in my mind
this conclusion became so grand
as to impress me with a dispositional mood.
standing confessional, face to face ,
with the great teacher from within.
asking for what has bought and sold me
into the confines of boredom.
is it the addiction to observation
yet trapped again by familiarity’s ploy?
is it the wrath of conclusions
strung together so sequentially taut, 
so tight as if to strangle?
is it the dodge-ball struggle
with self-identity’s constancy of slippage?
is it a quick mind in a retention world,
where all you can think 
amounts to a moment’s pause?
yes, I love the dialogue with boredom’s source.
it is a sense of self 
in inward mirror fashion,
like who of me is doing being bored
and how is that impressing me to boot.
there is some much going on 
behind the reality curtain of the mind.
boredom, as my guide,
seems to always take me there.
and eventually to ask, 
why is reality so billboard-in-passing rude? . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment