also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Wednesday, May 2, 2018

give me back my pretend 5/2/18


lips of foam surround the truth 
gushing out of you
you are a broken open fire hydrant 
spewing forcefully as if skyward
your voice is raining down
broken words lie nearby on the ground
a flood of tears is building
what errant remark ran you down?
staring at frothy saliva 
from utterance’s disregard.
were you the accident unattended
just waiting to happen?
can I, as a bystander 
now become an intimate friend?
I guess I have been knighted
as your first responder in deed.
my hands are listening
as my eyes seem to be preoccupied.
I am an umbrella of somewhat consolation
as well as a kayak of simmer-down.
looking forward, I’d have to say,
if you give me back my pretend,
we can be better weather, together.

No comments:

Post a Comment