also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Wednesday, February 28, 2024

my pet, Peeve


if my emotions made me into a puppet,

it is to honor my house pet, 

as my emotional puppeteer,

as if to be in reaction and response.

they, of animal stature, lead

and I, as human, follow.

they, of unconditional love,

and I, of conditional love, follow.

how they, who possess the moment

and I, have long forgot how to,

get reminded ongoingly.

their facial zest of being reminds me,

what in each moment, I miss.

how can they be so present

and I be so preoccupied?

it's a war of preoccupations

and they eventually win, every time.

you'd think, I would wise up.

but no, my know distracts me,

while their knowingness, invites each moment.

how the hell do they do that?

we both have being.

but mine gets self-preoccupied,

while theirs is alluringly present.

we both have impulse,

but mine is reactive. 

while theirs is ever invitational.

theirs is about, let's make up this moment,

while mine is about, being suspect of this moment.

can simple joy conquer complex conditioning?

while I have reasoning to say its so,

they have say as presence, 

that it is always each moment, 

ongoingly so . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment