also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Friday, September 29, 2023

talk of the mind


I dress up utterances in response deliverances, 

even though I am talking to myself.

words come down from windy mind places,

as if I have to hear 

what I have just inwardly said.

sometimes it is a voiced blurt,

hopefully when I am alone.

not that I don't look around to see,

how can I be so separate from the rest of me.

I just got use to being the bus driver

of a whole slew of the voices of me.

and now I have a loud mouth 

assigned to one of them.

blessedly they don't share topic interest 

amongst themselves.

there are hardly ever choruses or chants,

just one-liners and blurts in side-bar response.

yes, it is wildly different

when in human to human conversation.

usually they stay background silent.

but when alone,

it's like a tour bus of deliverance yakking away.

luckily I have a theatre room for their housing.

so remarks are made

but I have some inner distance from the speakers.

we are all clearly not of the same mood.

so the tone deliverances to me

are more the interest I curiously invest in.

I guess some of them speak 

for my emotional state ongoing.

even if I am mentally preoccupied.

to me, it seems fair enough in that way.

talk is ever ongoing,

if I pay half-way attention.

luckily I prefer an ambient humming silence

to the outright topic-driven voiced concerns.

look, I can't shut them all up.

but I can be,

preoccupied with not really interested  . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment