also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Monday, October 31, 2022

declaration and response


something anonymously said to me,

I now essentially paraphrase

and repeat to you.

"it is now,

forever locked away.

my beating heart,

safely, under lock and key.

just a part of me

you will never have or see."

and so in response

yet said, only within me.

if forever locked away,

tells me that you are the keeper

but not that beating heart. 

at its essence,

you gave that up 

to be the guardian their of.

your awareness is now, 

the forever task

to the kept-ness of, 

what use to be your beating heart.

if safe is your surmise, 

as the guardian,

then you, as the protectorate, 

value your heart as an object of worth,

more than the ongoing joy of beating.

yes, it is a part of you

but only as your real-estate. 

ownership is now an endless priority task.

purchase was not my goal.

your guardian of self, 

created a self job,

even though, in spite of your cageyness, 

your songbird still sings.

I am the sky 

and your caged heart can't fly.

but your songbird can 

and wants to . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment