also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Monday, October 24, 2022

beyond the mundane


you came at me,

like a dump-truck unloading

a pile of unidentifiables, 

presented as words.

where in the yard of my mind

did you place this?

maybe it wasn't the stuff of itself

that I could eventually identify later,

but certainly I could focus on the delivery.

this all came from somewhere,

as somewhere else.

I really didn't have that yard-space in mind,

especially for something like this,

both unnamed and surely unclaimed by me.

now my mind-yard is occupied,

and I can't call it clutter, yet.

maybe I did order this and forgot.

no, I can't make a connection that passes.

is this delivery to the right location?

am I the address you intended?

I have the words of consternation.

they are all standing around,

softly talking amongst themselves.

maybe a longer inner dialogue 

will sort this all out.

this is going to take some logic-plaining

to figure how to be at the affect of this ongoing.

do I ignore its presence

and proceed as if?

do I proceed with questions

as if I am not mired into miff-dom?

okay, once again,

am I at the mercy of a conversational oversight?

I have a lump in the throat of my mind

as if forgetful has come to presently fail me.

I don't want to have emotional input about this.

but the topic is now far and wide

across the mind-scape of the moment.

I can pretend to myself

that this is all invisible.

and we can proceed 

as if shared-intendedness rules,

and we're still doing that conversational dance.

and I get that you're joking.

and we do this all the time,

just to make our lives more interesting

to each other.

really? are we doing that?

is this just another practical joke

that we endearingly play back and forth?

cause I can then take this to mean,

that it's time for me to creatively begin

the hunt for the return coming your way.

of course, once I have fully ingested 

the impact of all that you have unidentifiably said.

okay, let's just go with that.

I 'm calmer now

and my scheming and planning will come.

you just wait.

when you least expect it,

I will say something so equally outrageous

to you

and you then can wiggle and squirm.

but know, in your hearts of hearts,

that's how we love each other

beyond being in the mundane . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment