also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Friday, July 22, 2022

hunger's search


my hunger is an introvert.

not much is ever said.

can't imagine going out to eat.

really only interested in fuel, 

not flavor.

the palate lies.

we lost our sense for bodily needs,

while other species still religiously attend.

but we went for flavor,

as if taste actually told the truth.

and at best, 

we shotgun approach.

go figure, 

what's good is what's needed.

I know it's blasphemous to say.

but water is really my favorite food.

and getting good water,

like really deliciously good water,

is really hard to find.

is it that,

we are really cruel with nature

and therefore nature is subsequently,

really cruel with us?

or is it all of our own making?

I could live near a high mountain stream

and feel privileged in that regard.

I wish gardening was my educational path.

but it wasn't.

not so much to grow for hunger's need,

but more so, to learn to speak 

to plants them selves. 

the dialogue is so much richer

than grocery stores or restaurants offer.

I seem to live on a land

but in know way, 

in it, 

or of it . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment