also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Sunday, December 19, 2021

science versus religion

 

science in the mind, 

lives in a different brain neighborhood, 

but the same hometown as does religion.

both could have had 

the same great grandparents, 

been playing at the same parks 

and dined on the same intake of foods.

growing up, 

some right handed, some left,

both equally capable 

of skates, jump ropes and bicycles.

some have divorce 

as familiar an upbringing.

some right brain-minded,

and some sort of scholarly, along the way.

each experienced the tease of education.

some made religion a practical means,

with logic and an application foundation,

while others found the float of safety

from a feeling state.

a sense of higher inward order 

now takes, often for different turns.

institutions did their bidding.

proper instruction became the thing.

mindfulness, as meaningful, 

becomes a daily practice.

maybe by output, shy or not.

then again, maybe a definite 

or curious emerges.

the inner dialogue had a listener, 

in the self sense.

pragmatics had its followers 

in both schools of thought.

practices were mindfully installed.

dailies became a way of life.

prerogatives became what follows.

both have a sense of spirit, 

theological or otherwise,

but by apparently different directives, suggested.

and then subsequently 

a different mind-order to life.

maybe where science is 

my friend and guidance,

while religion is my author and my story.

but they still could have had 

the same genetic code,

just generations earlier,

or even related as close as sis and bro.

what is this operative?

who hands out these belief scripts?

why is mindfulness so insistent?

all I wanted was spirit in the first.

instead I get gender dressed,

culture bound, age relatable,

and pressed into serious debate

about whether science and religion 

are bound.

neither address my needs to be.

why so much fury of opinion? 

give me a mind free from these tasks.

I don't mind the act-outs that they cause,

just a clarity of priorities please.

I don't get a winning hand 

playing either one.

it just keeps me in a conjecture game,

as if this is essentially necessary to be 

for what's needs need to be done.

I don't want sacred as an enterprise.

I have no need for something to prove.

just getting my brain to higher octaves,

other than, 

is what is my calling.

science is as spiritual as religion,

but neither do it justice.

what brain state of prominence 

needs this false-clarity?

if so, then on a daily basis.

I can handle perspectives.

I'm not asking for peace of mind,

just for mind usage 

that travels far and wide.

I want 'feel' to have an opinion,

for emotion to live the high life,

and for the capacity of a calling

and a drawnness to be, 

where I set my sights . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment