also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Saturday, December 25, 2021

I sea me there


some people settle 

for a rational island of self.

I yearn for a shoreless open sea.

I don't look to live on on-land logic.

I want for the wisdom 

of currents in passing,

within and around me.

I don't want the security 

of land-lock as protection.

I want for the certainty 

and truth of liquidity.

I don't want to live in 

the dry-mouth metaphor of thought.

I would rather be 

in the elixir-motion of being.

I would easily trade sky-scrappers,

for high-seas,

tall mountains for sea-deeps,

the habits of nine-to-fives,

for the rituals of sunrise to sunsets,

dust bowls and desserts, 

for fresh water entries 

and evaporative means,

and no black eyes 

from being land locked in vision,

but instead, 

in an ocean to share tears,

and if necessary, 

in a small minded way,

even frozen lake as windowpanes.

for me to see through, 

to an open dialogue sky . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment