also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Saturday, September 11, 2021

the harp of me


there is the harp of the spine 

that plays itself.

somewhere inside me listens.

the acoustics are somewhat muffled

but the essential melody resonates as mine.

high notes for high energy,

low notes for moods and sullenness,

most of the day is background melody.

it is an occasion for me to actually listen.

sometimes it is softer 

than white noise can be.

sometimes wild-horses race up my spine, 

chariots of fire circle in my head.

there is a bee hive of activity wanting out

but no thoughts save me from the buzz.

if my heart wore gloves while it plays me,

I would get a visual, 

but not from the work of soft hands.

what sheet music it reads for authorship,

I have no clue of its original source.

if I were an auditorium or an open site

then the sounds would be more identifiable. 

but confined within me, 

all I can do is listen up,

hum from deeply within.

give lyrics when I'm heart-filled directed

and for me

to be from within 

the chords that play me . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment