also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Friday, September 4, 2020

grit


where is grit in the gene pool?

what does that hardwire look like?

is it ever-present without being evident?

I need that toggle switch 

on my internal motherboard.

I don't want it to be self-reputational.

I want the feel 

without the necessity of usage. 

I could self-love from a gritty place within.

I could invent a discipline out of grit

and not tell another soul.

I could die to save another

knowing grit would bring me back,

either by a self miracle

or reborn into another life.

I'm not saying grit is destiny,

but I am saying grit 

as a form of self-love,

to know of myself as a higher force

than experience and circumstance provide.

it's having a fortitude of selflessness, 

beyond what a self could ever justify,

though not really tough 

but somehow spirit-justified . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment