also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Wednesday, June 3, 2020

if I get too close 6/3/20

if I get too close to myself, 
I'm indecipherable to me,
as too much culturally designated mirror time
relative to values and self worth.
I was okay ordering me 
up from the mind-menu in hand.
but to be in response
is close to being in reaction,
and so I get confused.
is it them or me?
was it out there or internal within me?
some things get triggered
in reaction or response.
I liked it better 
when I had the movie of me
and I only had to act out
an easy script to follow.
sort of like I was my own t.v. show.
otherwise, totally unprepared 
to deal with this.
it could be a malaise.
I don't want to say it's depression or despair.
it's some sort of malaise.
probably from chemicals in the air I breathe.
it's like an anxiety 
but I am not anxious, really.
just wandering around,
in my personal want-ads in my head.
looking for a meaningful life.
people say, 'get a grip'.
so I make stuff up
to claim as meaningful.
poof, how long did that last?
then people have said,
'fake it until you make it'.
I liked that one
but not good at what is real to focus on.
I'm cool as an alternate personality of me
but can't land that into truly meaningful.
so what's the deal for being here?
being human?
on this planet?
chaos is so loudly spoken,
like noisy neighbors in my head.
nothing much strikes home.
and when it does,
I get freshly confused. 
once again,
like I said to start with,
if I get too close to myself 
I'm indecipherable to me . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment