also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Saturday, December 10, 2022

the spirit of me


have you sensed your body

from being on the outside of it?

initially, it has the shocking presence 

of being ever so near.

a wild creature yet no noticing 

this separateness of this other me.

for the other me, 

this feels apprehensive, panther-like,

that is cued into worldliness, at this point,

I, as separate from, initially don't know.

looking the outside in,

it has its own independence 

and its own sense of insistence.

I have no idea what will happen, 

when it realizes and senses me as very near.

the response could be anywhere 

from kinship relevance

to a disturbing presence realized.

I am prone to the former 

yet positioned for the latter.

I make thought-offerings 

as the initial style of engagement.

in this initial circumstance,

I don't know what turbulence in meeting like this

could come my way.

for I am startled with a first person amazement.

yet can't imagine 

why this hasn't happened before.

for we could be best of friends or adversaries,

in any simultaneous awareness moment.

from this outside myself view,

the it of me that is that of that 

has strong survival instincts

and a sense of presence as occupancy.

and once alerted, that embodied me,

with a full awareness, of this watching me,

will turn and face me.

the only sensible offering I have 

is my presence to share.

I am soon to discover 

if we are on the same wavelengths or not.

so I make gestures 

to take me out of my camouflage.

I am not offering myself 

as a meal or a scourge or a devour, 

or in any sense of competition.

for we may be after the same thing, 

but in essentially remarkably different ways.

what would be this creature's understanding 

is not a meal for me to entertain.

its realm-space is not essentially mine.

its features of survival are

where I have no interest in accord.

it has presumptions and assertions

and rhythms of back and forth.

I have embodiment and immersions.

either set of ours 

does not cross-translate, easily or well.

there is nothing about this experience I'm having 

that has any zoo-like quality.

surely we are in the wild,

where nature is free to be and to say.

and at this point, 

I don't know if we have a language way.

initially I get acknowledged 

as almost non-relevant.

and so I will pursue the day-life of a tracker.

and I will see 

if I eventually discover

that in it's mindfulness and bodily presence, 

is the spirit of me . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment