also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Saturday, September 17, 2022

when friends meet


I like it, 

when the raindrops 

get into the stampede stage 

of down pour.

they chorus with the hum of speed. 

and they smack with such devotion, 

as if to seriously kiss.

wind feels obliged 

to get out of the way.

what passion this is

that needs its expression

to say what is so. 

I am uplifted, 

even as audience.

it's romantic 

in a earthbound kind of way.

my reverence is visual dedication,

with a slight scent 

of wind uptake occurring. 

now ground-worthy evidenced, 

as the liquid lateral flow.

this puddling is into mirrors reflecting.

and there is actual fragrance offered my way.

wet speaks another language amongst itself.

it's melodic of a different kind.

it's water colors applied, 

with transparent shades

to be interpreted as, 

everything is coated with anew.

environments do embrace 

when they meet.

they romance upon arriving.

one is a regular,

while the other is an outlier.

but they do get along.

they seem to know each other 

from a distant past.

I am just here 

for the richness of the hearsay.

their meetings take place almost anywhere.

some more reserved than others.

but genuinely I am excited to be here,

when they meet in this way.

it changes my whole outlook on the day.

so when these friends meet,

even if they are not friends of mine, 

necessarily.

just in their shared presence,

this totally alters mine . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment