also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Wednesday, September 21, 2022

a walk with explanation


did you ever really go on a walk, 

with explanation?

it's a rather intimate journey.

it holds my mindful hand

and I am all inner ears.

I take in as much as my senses 

and comprehension's quick-work can.

it seems to function like a narrative,

expecting next lines to further 

what's already been said.

it's a journey as a building process.

I attempt to cognize 

as if it feels like learning,

putting on a new wardrobe of understand,

reflect in the mirror of self,

and softly lip-service it to myself.

a kind of encoding that I do, 

to know.

most explanations presented

are kind of monotoned in delivery.

like it is made important to me,

that I separate out what feelings there are

from what meaning is to be.

it's really up to me,

then later, to add feelings on my own.

generally explanation is cordial. 

I hardly ever feel spoken down to.

I am free to question,

as if interruptions are part of the play.

sometimes I don't exactly know 

where to place what I've come to understand.

anywhere from idle worship

to strategic to possibly future improv, 

but usually my inquiry sets the stage

for explanation to occur.

I like it best

when it's one on one.

it gets hectic when in a crowd

or over a mike in a public setting.

not that it can't be done

but retorts or further quires 

are not necessarily as spontaneous

and the explanation can become day old bread.

it's both an enterprise and a surprise

at the same time.

the best versions are

when I have no idea where it is going,

like all-new to grasp and embrace.

I wanted to remain naive and duly impressed

but explanations can also be nefarious, 

somewhat slights of hand.

some much for the innocent interest approach.

now I give explanations a hard look

as if a bad haircut to render.

and then there is the placement of need,

like did I need to know this

or was this idle curiosity attending.

it seems I have to self-mentor relevancy.

there are times I just wish

it was all intuited straight away.

but explanation can be a rich shared moment,

an appreciative time,

a passing of the torch,

so to speak.

there are times,

emotionally speaking,

I just want to say,

go ahead,

ask me anything . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment