also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Saturday, May 14, 2022

wake me when we get there


for me, to wake up to the day,

place me in the mindset,

where expectation warmly meets me 

with a reality face,

where the procession of next things, 

assure and accomplish,

where my inner world is 

outer world assisted,

where the dream, 

as my dream,

softly refocuses, 

where the pace of the day 

is gradually delighting,

where excitement is 

the pleasantry of little surprises,

where presence-speak has more of intimacy 

than talk,

where what was the night of sleep 

was contributory,

where restful, as a surmise, 

answers the backstory question,

where grateful is unsaid 

but present in the mood,

where the day is unspoken for 

but inwardly invitational,

where events pace themselves, 

naturally,

where delight is to an ease 

with fulfilling moments,

where I could imagine myself 

as basking in the experience,

where the dance has no outright music 

but is still happening,

where everyone feels fireside-connected 

without stated cause,

where I inadvertently bless everyone 

in shear presence.

okay, maybe this only happens 

once in a while.

okay, once every other year, 

under amazing circumstances.

okay, maybe once 

in a lifetime.

well, maybe it's just a fantasy 

for all of this to happen,

even if not all at once.

but it's a wake-up theme 

that probably came 

from a simply wonderful dream.

and I wanted my awakeness 

to honor it fully . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment