also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Thursday, July 30, 2020

emergence versus immersion

emergence versus immersion,

(as if surf exemplified). 

the swoon of the wave rising up

or the crash of the wave falling back.

the wave, when put to its own efforts,

peaks and then decisively leaps.

whereby the fall back is shapely,

invitingly curvaceousness 

and in some cases, an elegant reentry,

while the rise-up has mood 

and is long-carried 

possibly up from deeply stirred.

for there is turmoil below the surface

before a clear face is shown.

long before a mouth appears to open, 

there is momentous intent, 

way before the cry-out appears.

maybe there is a moody song 

being intensely hummed

yet as wide lipped appears, 

the chorus is then open mouth sung.

if ocean surface is melody

then surely the chorus is available to hum-ride.

I sense emergence with my eyes,

even from a distance, 

as they look out.

but I would be lying to myself 

not to live for the possibility

of riding out that immersion myself

in the hallows of tall wave coverage of me sung, 

initially softly arching over me. 

for the swiftness of this soothing serenade 

pleases, as chorus sung, again upon again . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment