also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Monday, January 29, 2024

gratification's woes


when gratification left the witness stand,

the stream turned into a swim, 

into a flood.

the rain turned into a storm, 

into unavoidable wetness.

the conversation had words, 

that stormed into topics,

that wore clothes 

and dressed me up as a traitor.

the day had its presence, 

which lost its mood,

became an endless list 

of annoying babbling sheep.

and I, as the shepherd, 

somehow become the pastureland. 

this is when receivership lost its handle,

became a tool 

of effort and concern,

built stuff I didn't want,

had no clue for usage,

gave me a garage sale of a mindset.

somehow forgot 

the what, the why and the how,

of gratification's efforts, 

of being in one's life.

maybe gratification is 

only an audience stature.

and I ventured out

onto the playing field . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment