also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Friday, June 17, 2022

what my looking outward says


I weather the obviousness of circumstance 

and still question this journey's deeper call.

for I have been down,

transfixed,

with this emotional questioning. 

as from before,

tears have come and gone.

I have watched them leave me,

from within.

shed in an appeal to my honesty.

and then from afar,

feeling so much of disconnection's fate, 

from what could have been.

yet my gaze in not broken,

but has weathered me.

what beauty is there

without soul presenting?

in innocence, 

I am not sullen,

just deeply displaced, 

by this distance as presenting, 

yet inwardly, 

still very deeply aglow.

I will not forsake

what honesty comes my way.

I am not lost in my loneliness. 

desolate, 

yet not self-disowned.

I keep the flame fervently.  

but inwardly, 

in secret.

longing will guide me.

some day,

I will light up the sky . . .

 

No comments:

Post a Comment